Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Look what I made :)

I did a major organizational overhaul of my "craft area" this weekend and got down to business on making some new stuff. I say "craft area" because I'm not one of the fortunate few who have a whole Craft room. Frank and I have a two bedroom apartment but I gave him the 2nd bedroom to be his sanctuary in exchange for letting me have control of the decor of the rest of the apartment (i.e. pink kitchen, pink and green guest bathroom, and what he refers to as "easter egg" colored bedroom) So I commandeered a wall/corner in our bedroom to be my craft area. :) And now for my creations... My cousin (along with like 546572 other people) got engaged over the holidays...so I made her a card :) I actually made her two cards because in exchange for supporting my habit my mom occasionally commissions me to make cards for her to give. So I made one from me and one for my mom to give her. For the one from me I used Blingabella from Stamping Bella. For both of the cards I also used the "bling" stamp from the new level three hostess set Goody Goody Gumdrops from the brand new Stampin Up! catalog...did I mention there's a NEW Stampin Up! catalog!!! Oh boy...gooooood stuff...my wishlist is ridiculous! It's hard to tell in the picture but the card base is metallic silver CS from SU! It's also hard to tell that I added some sparkles to the ring on the bella and the SU ring. I colored Ms. Bella with my Bic Mark-it markers as well as my Stampin Write markers For this card I used Baja Breeze CS and metallic silver CS from SU! I also used my Brocade Motifs stamp set and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder. The picture doesn't do it justice. ...Speaking of the new catalog, Mom also commissioned me to make her one of the example projects from the new catalog. I always feel kind of bad blatantly copying another card...but that's what she wanted...I at least changed up the colors a little bit. I used the old classic stamp set Loads of Love. It's a great little set and is soooo versatile!

1 comments:

Carri D said...

what a cute card!