Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Finally an Update!

I've been a blog slacker lately...the holidays sort of consumed me a little bit. I made tons of gifts and cards for Christmas...but in true Jaime fashion they were all completed in the very last minute before giving them to the recipients...so unfortunately I didn't get pictures of most of the gifts/cards I made...bummer. Oh well. But I will share the super cute Christmas card my boyfriend, Frank made for me. He's always teasing me about all of my card making antics (especially since my supplies are generally scattered all over our living room because I don't have a "craft room") So anyway, he said he was going to make me a card for Christmas...I pretty much thought he was joking and I asked him if he was going to use my supplies to make my card...and he said, "No, I'm gonna use MY supplies" I didn't really expect anything to come of it but on Christmas morning I was surprised with this... I guess I should have prefaced the picture with the fact that he has a fine art degree and is a very talented painter/sculpter. His hobby lately has been building and painting little miniature models for a "nerd game" that he plays. So he used his model plastic and paints to make me a card. Isn't that sweet? I think it came out so cute...I almost wish it wasn't Christmas themed so I could display it all year round. He also gave me this...Diamonds are a girls best friend after all :) I feel bad that I missed out on posting all of the various Christmas card designs that I made but to make up for it, I got a jump start on making some Valentine cards last weekend so I will go ahead and post those. I was trying to make something that would be masculine enough to give to Frank...not an easy feat when dealing with Valentine subject matter...I thought that perhaps the truck stamp from the Stampin Up! Loads of Love set would do the trick...but it's still pretty girly...I may use these cards for my girlfriends and take another stab at a card for Frank. Any ideas for a masculine Valentine card? And just for good measure here is a photo of my special puppy, Bronx...She is in heat right now which is why she is wearing a diaper...and she is laying like that because she is very "special"

1 comments:

Marilyn Goodrich said...

WOW! A handmade card AND diamonds from your sweetie?! Keep him!! ;) Love your Valentine's cards - love the multiple versions of the same layout!