Thursday, October 1, 2009

Welcome October!

I love October! It's such a great month...mostly because it's when I was born :) Just kidding! It's just a lovely month. I love the weather and the leaves changing. I love to pull out the sweaters and hooded sweatshirts and get cozy. Other great things about October: World Card Making Day, Breast Cancer Awareness Month (which means I see pink everywhere- and that's ALWAYS good!), My birthday, and my Momma's birthday. This particular October is going to be great because I get to be in one of my best friend's weddings next weekend and it will be gorgeous. Plus this month I will be getting a new puppy! Yay! I can't wait. One of these little loveys will be mine in just two weeks :) They are a mix of lab/beagle/golden retriever. I'm not sure which one I will get, but whoever it is will surely be spoiled rotten. Since October is breast cancer awareness month, I will dedicate this post to all of the fighters and survivors as well as the wives, mothers, daughters, sisters, and friends that we've lost to breast cancer. Needless to say I will be featuring projects in my signature color- PINK! First a few cutesy cards Here is a fabulous shadow box frame that I put together using a card front that I got when I participated in a swap at the Stampin Up! Cincinnati Regional conference last month. It was my favorite card that I got and it matches my bathroom perfectly. So I just embellished it a bit more and added some extra pieces of cardstock and stuck it in a shadow box frame. Cute huh?

2 comments:

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Ooooh, another autumn lover!! :-) It's my favorite season too! I love your pink cards and your new shadowbox is fabulous! Can't wait to see which puppy becomes your new best friend! Make sure you post pictures when you get him/her!!

Loni said...

I love the shadow box card. so cute