Sunday, June 28, 2009

Razzle Dazzle!

I'm so excited! I just played with my new Razzle Dazzle stamp set! It's not really my typical "style" but I really like it. I almost didn't buy it based on the picture of the set but once I saw some examples of things made with it I realized it was very cute and actually pretty versatile. In the cards I'll show you today I used the "flowery" stamp as the focal point but I've seen lots of cute cards where people have used this stamp as more of a "background" stamp which also looks really cool. To use the image as a focal point you have to have some patience because it really looks best if you color it with markers so that you can have multiple colors for the flowers and stems. Since the image is made of solid lines and shapes you can't just stamp with black and color it in later. TIP: Whenever you color on your stamps with Stampin Write markers always be sure to breathe on your stamp right before you stamp it so that you can re-moisten the ink. Supplies: (All Stampin Up!) Card One: Razzle Dazzle Stamp Set Crushed Curry CS Rich Razzleberry CS Melon Mambo CS Whisper White CS Razzleberry Lemonade DSP Stampin Write Markers: Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay Scallop Edge Punch Card Two: Razzle Dazzle Stamp Set Crushed Curry CS Rich Razzleberry CS Old Olive CS Whisper White CS Razzleberry Lemonade DSP Stampin Write Markers: Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry,Old Olive Scallop Edge Punch Modern Label Punch Word Window Punch

1 comments:

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Two fabulous cards Jaime!! Like you, I wasn't immediately drawn to this set, but the more I see, the more I like it! :-)