Saturday, February 28, 2009

Look who got her first Papertrey Ink order!

I'm a bad girl and I went ahead and spent my whole Ohio tax refund on a Papertrey Ink order. I've been wanting to place a Papertrey order for months but I kept putting it off because I could never decide what to get because I wanted soooo many things. They finally released a sampler pack of their FABULOUS card stock and a collection of tiny polka dot patterned paper in all of their signature colors. Plus they released a kit that included a selection of card stock, ribbon, and inks all for $16! So I knew I had to get each of those things to get me started. Then I somehow narrowed down a few stamp sets that I've had my eye on forever and got those too. I also got several ink spots because they are only $2 and they come in the signature PTI colors. I must say all of my Papertrey Ink products are as good as I expected them to be. So here are the things I've been working on with my new Papertrey loves... First I used the brand new Friends till the End set. I just love the gorgeous flower. It's soooo pretty! Plus it has a ton of versatile sentiments in a very cute little font. I LOVE IT! I used some very springy color combos because I can not wait for SPRING! OMG I neeeeeed some sunshine! I also used the brand new Beyond Basic Borders set which I love, but I'm still trying to get good at stamping with it. The border stamp I used wasn't the easiest stamp to work with...just need to practice.The CS colors used on those two cards are PTI Spring Rain, Raspberry Fizz, Lemon Yellow, and Spring Moss. I used Ripe Avacado Ribbon on the 1st card and SU! Old Olive Ribbon on the 2nd one. Next I used the Bitty Baby Blessings stamp set to make a baby card for my cousin who is expecting. I've seen this color combo used recently and I've been meaning to try it and I finally got around to it. The colors are Spring Rain, Lemon Yellow, and Bitty Dots Pattern paper in Pure Poppy. I also used my SU! So Saffron Ribbon. I love how fresh and crisp the colors look with each other. And finally, of course I have another altered box to show you. This one had a yummy smelling candle in it and I found it on the cheap at TJ Maxx (I LOVE that store!) It already had the fancy little plastic diamond on the top and was a simple black and white color scheme. I decided to use the PTI Raspberry Fizz and Aqua Mist cardstock with the True Black patterened paper to jazz it up. I also used Raspberry Fizz grograin ribbon. I chose those colors because if and when I ever have a craft room, that would be the color scheme. Can you tell I've put some thought in to my imaginary craft room? I also went ahead and monogramed my initial on the front since afterall it will be going in MY craft room someday :) But for now I'm using it to store my PTI ink spots. So there you have it, my first(of many) PTI post.

0 comments: