Saturday, November 29, 2008

Some stuff to share...

It's been a little while since I've had a chance to make a post on here...busy busy busy. But here are a few things I've created lately. This one is a project I created for a challenge with my Stampin Up! demonstrator group...AND I WON! Woo Hoo! Our challenges involve getting a baggie of "card parts" and using them all to create a unique project. For every challenge I do with all of those extremely creative ladies I always try to think way outside the box and try to out do myself and I apparently succeeded this time. The project started as a plain silver box that my mom got somewhere and it came with some rimmer sugar for margaritas...so I ran with the idea and used my Cheers to You stamp set and really jazzed it up with all of the challenge items which included the designer paper scallop, tangerine tango ribbon, a large star brad, and a silver circle piece of hodge podge hardware. So here it is... I also made this cute checkbook cover using a cheapo planner I got at the $1 spot at Target. I just pulled out the calendar part and made my own cover using the Priceless stamp set and Bella Rose designer series paper plus some pretties from the pretties kit. I also made a cute little matching pen by rolling up a little piece of DSP and sticking in the barrel of and RSVP pen and tying on a piece of pink pirouette ribbon. Easy easy easy! I think I may make a bunch of these and sell some during craft show season next year...

1 comments:

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Congrats again on winning the challenge Jaime!! Your project was so awesome :) The calendar is adorable too!!