Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's (almost) the most wonderful time of the year!

Yay for Blog Candy...This one from Suzanne is getting me in the holiday spirit...I know it's still early, but I just loooove the holiday season and it can't come soon enough for me!

Speaking of the holidays, my favorite night of the whole year is coming up in ohhh approximately 45 days...not that I'm counting :) The night that I'm talking about is always the Saturday before Christmas when my dad's band goes out for a tour of some of Cincinnati's finest bars and restaurants playing holiday music and collecting donations for Shriners Hospital for Children and other childrens charities. They have been doing this "tour" for 25 years and I've been lucky enough to join them as an "elf" aka money collector for the past 4 or 5 years. I always bring a few of my closest friends with me to help with elf duties as well and we always have such a blast! It feels so great to do such a good thing while having a fun night out. If you happen to be in the Cincinnati/Mason area you should check out the Santa's Goody Bag Band website and look at the schedule so you can come out and see the show...and put a few dollars in my santa hat :)

0 comments: